[HamGateSNE] KA1VSC - Intro

Matt Webster ka1vsc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 13:28:39 EST 2022

Thank you, Charles N2NOV, for stepping into the role of 44Net administrator for the region. I am saddened to hear that Brian N1URO has passed.

If I can be of any assistance, please ask.

I was heavily involved with packet radio in the 90s in Southern Maine and New Hampshire, running a BBS, multiple nodes and a link from NH to packet starved Southern Maine.

Currently residing in Glastonbury, Hartford County, Connecticut, I am running a BPQ packet switch with BBS and Convers.  I have 2m user and 70cm forwarding RF ports (unused).  My mail and bulletin feeds are entirely through the internet.

Last year, I was working with Brian before he became ill to connect to EastNet through W1EDH and K1YON with RF/44Net uronode.  That project wasn’t completed and remains on the bench.

I do have reliable RF paths to W1EDH and K1YON on 70cm, the fate of those systems are unknown with the psssing of Brian.  I also have a good connection to multiple W1SP packet sites.

My goals are to get linked with EastNet packet with RF and/or a 44Net connection.

If anyone is able to help, thank you much.

73
Matt
KA1VSC