[HamGateSNE] One Month Report

Charles J. Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Sat Feb 19 21:32:09 EST 2022

Since I sent this out 10 days ago, I have been working up the county
layout for your states and it's associated website. The rearrangement
of the subnets to match the counties in your state has allowed alot
more room for expansion and has unique subnets for BGP assignments.

Anyone with a current BGP with an active LOA from ARDC will be able
to keep their current subnet assignment. Some others will need to
move to another subnet that can easily be handled. Take a look at
your state's subnet plan by going to http://hamgatesne.n2nov.net

If your subnet is slated to change, you will receive an email from
me over the next few weeks to start the process. Those who do not
currently have a gateway address set up on the AMPR Portal will be
the first to be moved to a new subnet. As always, feel free to call
me on 917-991-0356 any evening to discuss anything about your subnet.

 > Over the past eight years I have been the coordinator of the New York
State
 > allocations and organizing by counties right from the start helped to
 > keep things easy to manage. Upon additionally acquiring the ten states
 > that were managed by N1URO, I found that many of them were organized
 > starting at zero and issued incrementally in /29, /28 and /27 blocks
 > with small spaces between them. This hinders growth if a smaller
allocation
 > needs more space in the future. It also has a scatter-gun approach if
 > there are those in the same county that want to link to each other. That
 > is why I first went through the allocations to see which were still
 > alive and which ones were lanquishing for years on the vine. Now that
 > 90% of them are now cleaned up, it is just a matter of helping them to
 > set up a public gateway and DNS records so that routing can occur across
 > from one allocation to the other over the internet using encap IPIP
routes.

 > However, the process of reorganizing your state subnet into counties has
 > been a somewhat "fun" and challenging exercise of the past few weeks.
Each

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 441.100/136.5 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan