[HamGatePA] Mitigating Possible Changes to 44Net

Charles J. Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Wed Aug 9 12:14:16 EDT 2023

OK. Let me put a VERY fine point on this situation with your new
44Net allocation:

- I am not the coordinator for 44.63.x.x, but G1FEF is the coordinator
- I do not know his logic or planned use of that address space
- The eleven states and HamGates that I coordinate are different subnets

Unless things are openly discussed by ARDC staff, the various local 44Net
coordinators and affected user population of all subnets, then I can not
confidently solve problems in an address space that I am not controlling
and working with. I would not want to mess up another's area of
responsibility.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 441.100/136.5 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan