[HamGateNY] Winter Projects Redux

Charles J. Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Sat Nov 13 09:29:23 EST 2021

Here is the scenario for this year's winter projects.  We need people in
each of the various areas of the state to concentrate on the following:

WNY - develop links and bbs computers from Chautauqua up to Buffalo and
       then east to Wayne and Broome

CNY - develop links to WNY, lower tier (Broome) and north to Jefferson

Capitol - strengthen reach in all four directions

Hudson Valley - need help on both sides of the Hudson to supplement and
                 replace coverage from Putnam and Westchester

LI - build out links from Suffolk and Nassau to Westchester and NYC

NYC - build out reach into LI, NJ, Westchester and Rockland/Orange

We have 62 counties across the state and need to eventually service the
various EOCs and NGOs in those counties.  Even if you are not ready for
RF links, at least set up the bbs and link across the internet using
44Net.  Experiment there with no downside of making mistakes vs RF.
When you are ready, then add the RF directional links.  We all have a
stake in making sure that NY State has the messaging capabilities to
support our counties, while at the same time providing a training ground
for our local ham clubs and members.  There are plenty on this list that
can help with their expertise, provide working examples of bbs software
configuration and their experience on RF infrastructure.  All you have
to do is ask.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 441.100/136.5 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan