[HamGateNY] Statewide Networking Ideas

Andrew McLeod andrew at kb2ajm.us
Fri Jan 1 17:40:47 EST 2021

Jeff,

I couldn't have said it better myself. So many ideas come to mind I don't want to bake them all out right now. But once more clearly thought out (by me...)

I especially like the "Local BBHN/AREDN meshes and New Packet Radio (more of a star topo) to serve areas of concern, especially between EOCs, Hospitals, Shelters, Schools, etc....Good old packet as "interface of last resort" with store/forward files, email, text/sms, APRS, "Virtual Assistants", interface to D* digital services, etc" ideas, as they .ash well (no oun intended) with some of the portable or mobile ideas that I am working on...

Tell me also please - do we have existing technology (frequencies, products?) to accomplish such a "...cross-continent Amateur RF Terabit Digital Backbone..." yet? Or do you mean with regards to overall capacity over redundant links and nets as apposed to that capacity in a single beam/hop? Curious  about your thoughts...

73,

AJM,  KB2AJM

"

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​