[HamGateNY] Statewide Networking Ideas

Andrew McLeod andrew at kb2ajm.us
Fri Jan 1 17:32:36 EST 2021

I find this extremely fascinating and also informational. A lot of it meshes exactly with the "big picture" of what I have in my head and dream of building even for my part.

I also find their use if Ubiquuti and Microtik very interesting. Unless I am mistaken, Microtik is not huge in the smaller (consumer Ham) markets here in the US, but for long distance GHz connections a Ham friend of mine is very much into Microsoft.

As for Ubiquiti, I already  have some Ubiquiti equipment I am experimenting with, some of which was purchased specifically for this project.

Fascinating to see that people are doing the exact same thing as us in other parts of the world. Makes it a smaller, more human place again IMHO...

Regards / 73,

Andrew J McLeod,  KB2AJM

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​