[HamGateNY] Proposed WWconvers Channel Scheme

Charles J. Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Sat Nov 28 13:10:57 EST 2020

Think of them as the same as IRC (Internet Relay Chat) or the old AOL
Instant Messenger (AIM).  Rather than based on names, WWconvers is based
on numbers and is limited to 32768 although the source code might be
written to include more.  With 0 reserved for a local default and not to
be relayed to others in the network, we get 32767 remaining.  Here is a 1996
FAQ on TNOS and mentions WWconvers
https://www.qsl.net/gb7dip/tnos/faq-96.html

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 147.360/107.2 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan