[HamGateNY] Welcome to HamGateNY

John Darling jdinosw at twcny.rr.com
Thu Nov 12 09:54:22 EST 2020

Okay, name here is John K2QQY, Oswego, NY.  Former RACES Radio Officer during the late 90”s and early 2000”s, now retired and giving advice (?) when able.  Oversaw the build out of our packet network and interconnections into the state wide flex net group.
Currently we are isolated to internal communications having lost our outgoing links, but are hoping to see those re-established.
Pleased to see activity picking up as packet is still a viable and stable way to communicate.  My favorite memory is we were involved in a nuclear plant drill during the early packet days, before flex, when our packet operator approached myself and the EO Director with the question "do you have a message for the Queen”?
Seems he had jumped across the pond via a “worm hole” and landed in merry ole England.  Made quite a story at the time.
73 and good luck, John  K2QQY