[HamGateNJ] KY2D Intro from Morristown

Dan Srebnick k2ie at k2ie.net
Tue Jan 11 16:45:43 EST 2022

Hi Jim.

For about a year I used the N1URO node via telnet on net 44 to access the
Eastern Area Hub.  The node connects Net 44 TCP/IP to the AX.25 packet
network.  At some point I lost access to KY2D-4 via Net 44.  When I asked
Brian, he said it was because you changed software on the mailbox to
something that was not compatible.  I don't have more details than that.

However, from a user perspective, I could use Outpost Packet Message Manager
as a client and connect right over Net 44 to retrieve traffic as an
alternative to direct RF.  This was a very practical use of Net 44.

Good to see you on the list.

73

-----

As for goals, I'd like to better integrate the RRI Digital Traffic Network
access into the NJ packet network so other digital traffic handlers could
reach the Eastern Area Hub. As more of a personal learning item, I'd like to
better understand the advantages of using an AMPRnet address and would like
to experiment with one.

73 Jim KY2D

973.723.3415 or HamShack Hotline 4231.