[HamGateNY] Welcome to HamGateNY

Andrew J. McLeod, KB2AJM (ex. KD2PLE) andrew at kb2ajm.us
Mon Nov 30 13:21:39 EST 2020

Christopher,

> The question is, will we build in the discipline
> to make sure the RF paths always work.
> Maybe the answer to that is 1) caring (hehe)
> and 2) some kind of NMS approach that keeps
> track of the condition of the RF path.  That's an
> area I'd love to help.

That's why near the tail end of my last [long-winded] email I asked about ALE. From my short time in MARS, I know at least some of the officers of the Region used ALE on HF with an automatic tuner/matcher to always be autonomously active 24x7 to pass on messages as needed, and as I just now started also working with Winlink, I was wondering if that's how some of these nodes on the map are changing listed frequencies as the day goes on and the MUF/LUF changes (either that or they've got 15 antennas...)

Anyone here have a similar type of set-up?

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​