[HamGateNY] Winter projects

Brian Webster bwebster at stny.rr.com
Fri Nov 20 00:05:56 EST 2020

Hey Mark,

                This is great news. What is even better news is that the
WA2EMO may still have their 9600 baud radio up and running that used to
connect to the old KA2QYT node. IF you can hear that site then half of the
work is done. There are 6 or 7 regular packet users in Wayne County off the
WA2EMO node site, they also have s second node WA2AAZ. I just talked to Jay
Hamill KC2TCM. They still have a 9600 baud link on their site that used to
aim to Auburn and the K2QYT node. Jack is a silent key and his nodes were
taken down. Jay has one of his nodes and all the TNC's and radios. If your
location can hear their site we could easily set it back up at your QTH.
Their user port frequency is 144.950 if you want to try to connect. The QYT
node also used to connect to Fulton and Cortland. If you are interested in
developing a full FlexNet node with all the equipment provided I think we
can make that happen. The big mystery is the actual RF path being available.

Thank you,

Brian Webster N2KGC

www.wirelessmapping.com

cid:image003.jpg at 01D6BECF.070B3110