[HamGateNY] ***SPAM*** Re: Welcome to HamGateNY

Ben Sheron KC2OTS ben at kc2ots.org
Wed Nov 11 23:59:54 EST 2020

I'm Ben, KC2OTS, in Endicott NY (near Binghamton).  I've been a ham
since 2006 when I was a freshman at RIT, and work as an electrical
engineer working in power conversion.  I'm a Linux and OpenBSD user, and
am interested in renewable energy as well.

I've been playing with packet radio on and off for the past couple
years, mostly APRS and connecting two computers of 2m using Direwolf.  I
would like to put together some sort of packet station at my house,
perhaps with a shell server you could telnet to over the air.  I'm also
curious as to what others are doing with packet.

73s,

Ben