[HamGateNY] N2YP Introduction

john at n2yp.com john at n2yp.com
Wed Nov 11 21:18:13 EST 2020

Good Evening,

              My name is John Rudolph and I am located in Unadilla which is
part of Otsego County South West of Cooperstown. I am an Extra Class Ham
which got started in 2010 and am an Assistant Emergency Coordinator for
Otsego County ARES. Here in the County we have a 3 node packet system, an
APRS digipeater and an igate. We currently use AREDN for various public
service events primarily with Cameras and would like to build out a
permanent ARDEN Network which is a little bit of a challenge due to the
hilly tree populated terrain of the area. Most of our work and equipment
purchases to date has been by a few volunteers and often I have prepared our
nodes for deployments. I know basic networking and am learning more every
day.  The details and nitty gritty work is handled by Brian Webster N2KGC
and Matt Jenne KD2HKB. Some of the things we hope to use via networks
include TicketsCAD, Rachel Servers, video servers, radio and network related
reference material, databases, Allstar Link, remote bases and others that I
know I am forgetting.

John Rudolph

N2YP

Unadilla, NY