[HamGateNY] Is It Safe To Come Out Yet?

Charles J. Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Wed May 20 13:32:38 EDT 2020

The last time we had some traffic on this list was the announcement that
Brian Kantor (WB6CYT) had passed away just before Thanksgiving.  Then it
was the holiday season and then we started hearing about a virus from China.
Hopefully everyone here has made it through unscathed.  As one of those
"essential employees" I have been working 6 days/week since early March.
I know that N1URO has been 7 days/week and others are pulling OT and extra
shifts.  I believe the pressure is mounting in NY for Cuomo and DeBlasio
to open up things soon.  I have been tracking the NYC Health Dept's own
daily reports in a spreadsheet since March 1st and we have not only had
a flattening of the curve but it is lower than the mid-March figures!

Since last year, we have the following new 44Net sysops joining us:
KE2PW  - 44.68.12.0/28  Fulton Co.
KE7WWT - 44.68.20.0/29  Jefferson Co.
KE2A   - 44.68.54.0/29  Kings Co.
KB2AJM - 44.68.108.0/27 Sullivan Co.
KD2HKB - 44.68.160.0/27 Chenango Co.

There has been some work behind the scenes with the expansion of the
EastNet system, new packet routing maps in nearly 10 years, some new
Raspberry Pi projects, remote linking of digital repeaters, WebConvers
access to Hub_NA (I took over Hub_NA after WA7V shut down) and more.
Let's hear what you have been up to and what you have planned for 2020.

Here is the link to the NY State Subnet Plan -
http://www.nyc-arecs.org/New_York_State_Subnet_Plan.pdf

To help you get yourself configured properly, you need to have DNS entries
for each address used in your allocation and a public IP address in
the AMPR gateway for the encap tables.  Of course, if you are set up as
a BGP, then this is moot, but you need to tell me.

Needs DNS entries:
44.68.20.0/29 [brand new; in the process of setting up]
44.68.60.0/27
44.68.62.0/27
44.68.84.0/29
44.68.100.0/29
44.68.101.0/29
44.68.108.0/27
44.68.126.0/24
44.68.127.0/28
44.68.127.128/28
44.68.140.0/27
44.68.160.0/27
44.68.192.0/29

Needs gateway address:
44.68.62.0/27
44.68.140.0/27
44.68.172.0/28
44.68.192.0/29

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 441.100/136.5 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan