[HamGateNY] Current NY State DNS Entries

Corey Reichle coreyreichle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:53:38 EST 2017

Why would you use OpenVPN (Or, any other tunneling) over RF links?  That
would be silly.  Routing of IP packets is handled by the AX25 stack (Or
other link layer protocol in use, which could be 802.11).  No IPEncap
required for that.  Just routes.

We're discussing tunneling of IP traffic over an IP network that is wired,
that's all.

OLSR is also a dynamic, self-healing routing protocol, that is heads and
shoulders above RIP protocols, as it is also a self-discovering of
neighbors and routes.  See Broadband Hamnet's work with that.  It is also
usable over wired networks.

OpenVPN tunnels are used to bridge two networks together.  Hardware behind
that provides the routing to other networks, and with OSLR, having mutliple
possible routes is possible, with routing loops prevented due to it's
design.