[HamGateNY] Welcome NY State 44Net Sysops

Charles Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Tue Dec 20 17:12:18 EST 2016

I put together this private mailing list so that all of you can discuss
pertinent issues in getting your systems on the air (RF) and on the 44Net.

We have allocations from all over NY State:
    44.68.0.0 / 16 - New York State
        44.68.20.0 / 29 - KE4FSK - Jefferson Co.
        44.68.41.0 / 24 - N2NOV - NYC Boroughs
            44.68.41.64 / 27 - KC2QHV
        44.68.48.0 / 29 - W2DAB
        44.68.64.0 / 24 - KD2DYC - Suffolk Co.
        44.68.84.0 / 29 - N2OJJ - Orange Co.
        44.68.86.0 / 29 - NE2Z - Orange Co. HSMM Experimentation
        44.68.88.0 / 27 - K2PUT - Putnam Co. - Hudson Valley EastNet
        44.68.100.0 / 29 - N1QOF - Saratoga Co.
        44.68.112.0 / 27 - KD2HEK - Ulster Co.
        44.68.172.0 / 28 - KC2UGV - Erie Co.
        44.68.192.0 / 29 - WZ2B - Monroe Co.
        44.68.204.0 / 28 - K2EXE - Onondaga Co.
        44.68.220.0 / 28 - N2KGC - Otsego Co.

As you can see, while there are quite a few counties on this list, there
are many more of the 62 NY State counties that are missing.  We are in the
beginning stages of rebuilding the amateur radio messaging infrastructure for
New York.  These messages will serve the general ham population, their served
agencies and NGOs as well as the general public through NTS radiograms.

For this to happen, we need to get every single system listed on the gateway
list, the domain name server and interconnected to each other for bulletin
and private message routing.  So far I show only 10 systems on the gateway
list, 4 on the DNS list and some that are listed are just not reachable!
It does no good to have an allocation and to let it languish.

Let us all determine to help each other in 2017.  I have always gone by
the word TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Net Mon. @ 8:30PM 449.025/123.0 PL
http://www.nyc-arecs.org and http://www.nyc-skywarn.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB/1500 hz waterfall spot; Olivia 8/500 check-ins

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan

"We are fast approaching the stage of ultimate inversion: the stage where
the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may
act only by permission." - Ayn Rand